Monday, July 14, 2014

My Everything Hurts

I'm trying to get into shape again and eat healthier... among other things. And goddamn does it hurt. Lotsa leg and arm exercises, and core stuff; my short morning workout the second I wake up is ambitious but small (not counting the practicing my heavy and rapier hits) and owie owie owie.

But you know what? It's all worth it. By exercising more and meditating every night before bed, and trying to drink more water and eat healthily, has already had an affect on me. I just feel better every day, even though I have to get up at the ass-crack of dawn half the time for work. But alas, that's just the way it is, hmm? I'll be a badass female fighter in the SCA, dammit... even if I'm a wispy weak little thing right now.

Exercise and treating your body good is a great thing you can do for yourself. It's not for everyone, and that's fine. But for me, it's starting to become this thing that is amazing and awesome and everything good. Helps that I have this motivation that is Heavy and Rapier martial combat in the SCA. As a tiny female fighter, I'm gonna need to work hard to face off against the big guys. And trust me; there's a lot of big guys. Like two or three times my size big.

... I need a drink.

Has a long way to go,
Scarlet

1 comment: