Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Brief Interlude for Seriousness

My life has undergone many changes in the last year. I've gone between periods of intense productivity, intense depression, and my social and family life falling apart. My grandfather died of cancer, I was diagnosed with multiple mental illnesses, and many, many other things.

But I've kept going.

Why? My friends, my support, those who care for me, and my writing. The things that keep me going, as hard as it may be, are what's important. Your life can completely fall apart, but so long as you have someone who cares about you, there's a reason not to quit. It took me a long time to realize that, and sometimes it's hard for that to be enough.

But it is.

So if you ever feel down, like the world is ending and you just want to leave it, don't. Remember the people you would leave behind. Even the one's you barely know. Because you effect people, even if you've only talked to them once. And if you're gone, you can't effect anyone else. Ever.

So keep going strong, everyone, and don't let yourself get down.

A newbie Nerd Fighter,
Scarlet

No comments:

Post a Comment